Saturday, October 16, 2010

Story Time Adventures Continues

I am ashamed to say it's been too long since I've posted! I need to rectify that asap.

I did my first paid assembly yesterday at Ladd Lane Elementary School in Hollister, California. I did three different programs, one for Kindergarten, one for 1st grade, and one for 2nd grade. It was interesting, because I learned that I need to find books that are a bit more advanced for the 2nd graders. As I was reading what I have, which are all adorable books, I started to lose my 2nd grade audience. Back to the drawing board, as they say.

I had a great time interacting with the children, and I'm looking forward to doing more story time presentations.

This weekend, October 16 and 17, and next weekend, October 23 and 24, I will be appearing as Sadie the Scarecrow at Uesgui Farms Pumpkin Patch in Morgan Hill, CA. Sadie appeared at the San Benito County Fair a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great experience.

I finally received my Mrs. Claus outfit (so cute!) so I'm gearing up to have her do story time at Mars Hill Coffeehouse, and at local schools and events. If you, or somone you know, is interested in hiring Mrs. Claus, call me at 831 245 8462!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment