Monday, April 16, 2012

Update on Neighborhood Pizza's Family Days



So, Story Time Adventures had its first 'Family Day' at Neighborhood Pizza in Hollister, California on Sunday, April 15.  As always, I was extremely nervous that it wouldn't work, no one would show up, and that we would have spent all of this time and money on something that just had no legs.

I walked into the place at about 12:45, fifteen minutes before 'Family Day' was supposed to begin. Gail, the promoter, was on the floor putting some things together, but she'd been there earlier putting out crafts and games, and getting it all together. She is wonderful! But, the only kids I saw were two who were aimlessly waiting for their dads to finish eating. I thought, "Is this it?" But they didn't even know about Family Day, so it was a bonus.

But, as we headed towards one, and past, people started to trickle in with their kids. Thank goodness for the kids! I feel as if my entire week was spent on Facebook promoting this to friends, acquaintances, and pretty much anyone who is on my friend list. I made event pages for this, inviting everyone I could think of.   To paraphrase a line from Field of Dreams, 'If you promote it, they will come.' And they did. And I am so grateful!

Okay, so it wasn't a wild, out of control, mass of kids, but I'd say we probably had between fifteen and 20, little to big. We played music, had dance 'contests,' held raffles, read books.. and generally had fun.

Our next one is on the 22nd and is Prince and Princess party. I have amazing friends who have stepped up to help. One bought some prizes, another is cutting out circles for me for a craft project, and another lent me some of her daugther's princess books.

Oh.. and I contacted Medieval Times in Buena Park and they are (hopefully) sending 35 of their paper crowns for us to give to the kids! Hezzah--not sure how you spell it.

This is great. Story Time Adventures is so THRILLED to be a part of this program. I hope it lasts forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment