Monday, April 9, 2012

Story Time Adventures Mini Camp on 4/10/12


Tomorrow is the big day! I've been planning this for weeks, and finally I will have my first 'mini' reading camp in Hollister. The theme is 'Rescue Me From Bordom--Read a Good Book!' The sub theme is rescue heroes, and we'll be reading books about fire fighters and paramedics.
My initial idea was to do a three day camp and concentrate on different emergency personnel daily, but that didn't pan out. So, it's a one day camp that will last between 2 and 2 and a half hours. The kids will show up, I'll read them a book, then we're heading to the fire department down the road from us. After, we'll head back to my place and at 11, an ambulance with an EMT or paramedic will show up.
At first, this 'camp' was to be for younger kids, ages 5-8, but I've opened it up to younger, and older, kids as well. I hope they will enjoy themselves!
If you live near Hollister, Ca., and would like to participate, we'd love to have you! Go to my site www.storytimeadventures.wetpaint.com and contact me that way! Hope to see you there!
Happy Reading!
Julie Engelhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment