Sunday, August 1, 2010

More on Story Time Adventures

All Aboard!!





On Wednesday, August 4, I will hold the last Story Time at Mars Hill Coffeehouse at 1:30 PM. I'm very excited about this story time, which is titled, "Let's GO! Cars, Planes, Trucks and Trains." It's all about different types of transportation.



I came up with this idea because I know how much little children like to play with toy vehicles, so I thought I'd try to bring them to life.


Two of the books I'll be reading are 'Fast Food,' by Saxton Freymann and Joost Eiffers, and 'Freight Train,' by Donald Crews.


I'm very excited because I've been able to partner with local businesses and individuals.


Casa de Fruta in Hollister has graciously provided me with passes for their train ride to use as prizes, and Tiffany Ford in Hollister, celebrating 100 years, provided me with more than 65 Hot Wheels cars to give out. Drive Rite School in Hollister is lending some of their large street signs to use as props, and local model train enthusiast, Bob Peck, is bringing in model trains to share.
Mars Hill Coffeehouse is located at 610 San Benito Street at the cross of 6th Street, on the west side of San Benito. You can't miss it. There are lavender awnings over the windows. If you are a fan of the "Friends" series, Mars Hill reminds me a bit of the Central Perk local, but unfortunately, you won't find Chandler, Monica, Joey, Ross, Phoebe and Rachel--or Gunther, hanging out. I guess they have better things to do.... :-)
Hope to see you on August 4th!
Julie Engelhardt
Story time presenter..

No comments:

Post a Comment