Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting 'Malled'

Story Time Adventures is growing by leaps and bounds as of late.

Last year in December I appeared as Mrs. Claus at Anubee Children's Boutique in Santana Row, an up-scale shopping center located in San Jose, California. It was such fun, and the children were delightful. At first I wasn't sure how well it would go, because this was a much younger crowd than I was used to, but it worked out well and the majority of them sat and listened to the books I read, and participated in the Christmas songs. It warmed my heart to see these little ones and how much they believe in the Christmas spirit.

But onward and upward. I received an email from the Marketing Director and she wants me to do story programs for the rest of the year at Santana Row, and at their sister property, Westgate. This is so exciting for me. But more excitement--I was contacted by another mall called The Great Mall in the city of Milpitas to do an Easter/Spring program. For this I'll be dressing as Miss Bunny! It's a very respectable costume.. with my "Easter Bunnet" (a floppy hat that has rabbit ears, flowers, colored eggs, birds, and butterflies on it), and a beautiful apron designed and sewn by local seamstress Sharon Johnson. I can't wait to see it.

I am hoping that I will get noticed and that other marketing directors from malls will want to utilize me this summer for story time programs and activities.

I will be at the Great Mall on April 23 from 1-3. If you're in the area I hope you'll 'hop on by' and say hello!

Happy Reading.

Julie Engelhardt
Story Time Adventures
www.storytimeadventures.wetpaint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment