Saturday, April 9, 2011

Springtime Happenings

I am looking forward to my spring time story programs. This coming week will be a busy one--thankfully! I am doing a spring time story program at Westgate Mall on Wednesday. I've never been there before, so have no idea what's in store for me. I guess they have a Mommy & Me program, and I'm part of the program that day. Found some cute Easter/spring books that I hope the children will like. One's called Easter Ribbit, about a frog who wants to help the Easter bunny. It's very cute, but I'm also pleased because an Easter or two ago I purchased a frog puppet from K-Mart. The frog "sings" different children's songs, like Old MacDonald, etc. Well, I bought some rabbit ears, the kind the kids wear, and put them on my frog, so now I have an actual Easter ribbit of my own to share with the kids. I'm also pleased because I can use my froggy for a story time I'll be doing at the San Juan Bautista library at the end of the month. I find it's easier to do a story time if you have a theme. I foung out that April is National Frog Month (who knew?) so I'm already searching for frog story books. Thank goodness for Face Book, because I have many FB friends who have books I can borrow. Thank you! I also have a friend who says she has tadpoles that I can take along. Gosh.. I hope they don't slosh out of their container! But, on Thursday I'm doing 4 story time programs at one school. Two will be about food and cooking, and the other two about animals. Scored a pretty interesting necklace today at a rummage sale at our school.. a wooden necklace with carved wooden animals on it. At first my 8 year old asked why I'd buy it, but then I explained it was for story time, so he thought that was okay. Thanks for your support... and happy reading. Julie Engelhardt www.storytimeadventures.wetpaint.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment