Friday, February 25, 2011

March 2011 Story Time Programs

Juliette Gordon Low, Founder, Girl Scouts USA
1860-1927



Although these first two months of 2011 have been a bit slow, I'm not giving up. It took Edison many tries to invent the light bulb, so I'm going to follow his tenacity and keep plugging away with Story Time Adventures. I did do two story time programs in February for the YMCA. One had to do with bullying, and the other had to do with the Chinese New Year. They were both enlighting, and fun, as well.



My latest idea is to do a program on Juliette Gordon Low, founder of Girl Scouts USA. I was handily corrected when I referred to it as Girl Scouts of America. My error. I'm used to Boy Scouts of America since I have two sons in that organization.

I am quite excited about this. I love history, and now this gives me the opportunity to learn about a new historic figure. I'm also thrilled because I have three Girl Scout venues that are interested in having Mrs. Low come talk with the girls. One's in Bakersfield, one's in Orange County, and one's in Sacramento. I'm located in Hollister, California, so it will give me a chance to visit my home area, plus two new areas.



If you are a member of the Girls Scouts, and would like to find out more about my program, please contact me at
Jengelha@aol.com. If you want to see what I've done so far with Story Time Adventure, then log onto http://www.storytimeadventures.wetpaint.com/. Go Girl Scouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment