Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No Name-Calling Week, Jan 24-28

Even though I receive a fair share of junk mail in my email in box, there are times when a gem or two slips through that gives me an idea of what would make an excellent program for Story Time Adventures.

The week of Jan 24-28 is No Name-Calling Week. Essentially, this is a week where we work with kids to empower them to stand up to bullies, but to also teach kids that bullying isn't cool.

My next Story Time Adventures program will be fousing on that, reading books that deal with name-calling, bullying, etc., but to also talk with kids to find out if they've ever been bullied, and what to do if they are bullied at school, or even at home.

Scouts.. this is a perfect program for your groups, whether it's boy or girl scouts, cubs, Brownies.. you name it.

Let me know what you think.. and if you'd be interested in a program.

Thanks!
Julie Engelhardt
Jengelha@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment